For this Christmas I got given the YOU Beauty Advent Calendar. I’ll be opening it each day and share which product was hidden behind each window.
Watch this series on my YouTube channel.
Last month I did my first ever button swap. I’m really excited to introduce you to the lovely ladies featured in my sidebar. So please make sure to check them out.
Just a quick note before we get to the intros, please have a look at my advertising page if you’re interested in swapping buttons with me, or if you would like to secure an ad slot in my sidebar.
Brittany is a blogger & designer of many things. From blogs to fonts to logos, her passion is design & creating beautiful visuals. She is the voice behind Gallery No. Eight, a curated site full of art, decor, fashion & the lovely things that inspire her. Currently working as a designer & illustrator, she has been blogging for over 2 years and enjoys working with bloggers to make their visions come to life.
What’s your current favourite song?
Oceans by Hillsong United is on repeat lately!
What is a trend that you still love?
I don’t know if it’s in or out, but I love everything grey & greige
Hi, I’m Laura Kate and I write about crafting, kitchen adventures, Blythe dolls, travel, and general adventures on my blog, Laura Kate is Crafty . An avid knitter and scrapbooker as well as a seamstress of tiny things, I peddle my scrapbooking wares here (http://laurakateiscrafty.storenvy.com/) and my Blythe fashions and such here (http://laurakateiscrafty.etsy.com/). I live in London with my husband and our fancy goldfish.
What is your current favorite song?
So many songs, but now that Advent is upon us, I have a feeling the Vince Guaraldi trio’s soundtrack to “A Charlie Brown Christmas” will be back on its annual heavy rotation.
What is a trend that you still love?
Cupcakes. I liked them before they were trendy and I’ll like them long after. I still maintain they’re a great group treat share regardless of their fanciness. Memories of sticky bright colored frostings and childhood birthday parties are better than paying an hour’s wage for a bland, but pretty trendy creation!
Christmas is great and it wouldn’t be the same without decorations. But then there’s the packing away and tidying up ’cause let’s face it, it can’t stay up all year round. Admittedly I’m not a huge fan of the second part. However, it can be made easier with the help of some sturdy yet stylish storage boxes such as these from IKEA.
I’m pretty sure that I’ll get some of these and put them in my little cupboard. That way all the wreaths, wrapping papers and baubles of this world can have a rest until Christmas 2014.
If you’re lost for storage ideas, then perhaps have a look at my four favourites…
All images c/o IKEA.
This weekend was a cold but a lovely one. Like many people in the UK, we love to go for Sunday walks in the park. True, it isn’t the most existing of activities but it’s so relaxing and I just don’t feel like doing much on a Sunday.
We decided to venture out to Green Bank Park, a place we hadn’t been to before. And I drove . Thanks to all the lovely people who noticed my L plates I wasn’t rushed into finding a parking space but I still haven’t worked out parallel parking. It’s one big mystery to me. But it was all worth it. So, Here are a few shots from our walk. I hope you like them.
Below: We quite literally watched “Swan Lake”, the nature version.
Below: 4 degrees. Definitely time for a beanie. This one is by H&M.
Below: We “ran” into some geese + were watched by some pigeons in the trees.
Below: Some beautiful scenery at the lake in Green Bank Park.
I love this little guy so much. He’s a gentle giant. Soft paws + a big heart. And an even bigger appetite. That’s Woody.
Now, 15 months old he can barely fit into his old basket, but do not fear. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. The other day I actually thought he’d suffocate himself. There was no head in sight, just a belly turned upwards, moving up and down. And a set of paws sticking out at the other end.
Picture by Stuart Stevenson
1. Curling up with Woody in bed in the morning and burying my nose in his fur. Bliss…
2. I finally found the time to bake some delicious Vanilla cupcakes. I’ve still got three left but I doubt they’ll get through the night. Yummy.
3. We got invited to a lovely family meal by my boyfriend’s parents. Along with us came some relatives and a very cute baby boy who I got the chance to cuddle with.
4. Trying out green smoothies such as these ones by Emma from A Beautiful Mess and realising that a spinach / pineapple combo is actually quite tasty.
5. I got a new pair of glasses by Gok Wan. I literally see the world with different eyes now.
6. A lovely dinner of coq au vin, roasted potatoes and a red wine sauce.
7. Autumn walks with my boyfriend.
8. Spending some time with Woody and relaxing on the balcony. His tail wouldn’t stand still. He was so excited + did plenty of bird / human watching. Seeing him like that made me so happy.
9. Afternoon naps on the weekend. Especially in my new super cozy bedding.
10. Indulging in a bit of retail therapy in Forever21, Tiger and Muji.
What made you happy this month?